University of Adelaide Creative Writing Postgrad students past and present are invited to submit stories for an anthology of new writing to be published in 2014. We hope that this anthology will be a celebration of the best writers to come out of the program since its inception.
- Writers must be past or present candidates in the University of Adelaide Creative Writing postgraduate program.
- Writers may submit up to 3000 words. This may be one story or several shorter stories.
- All stories should address the theme: beauty. Writers are encouraged to interpret the theme broadly, including flipping the idea over and looking at its grubby underside.
- Stories should be submitted via email no later than midnight Friday 21st March 2014. NOTE: DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO FRIDAY 4TH APRIL
- Please use 1.5 spacing, Times New Roman.
- Provide a title page with the following information: your name, email address and phone number, title of the work, word count and a brief bio (approx. 50 words).
- Email your submissions to the Editor, Lynette Washington: email@example.com
- Sorry, no poetry.
- The anthology will be published in print by MidnightSun Publishing: www.midnightsunpublishing.com
- If you have any questions, please email the Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watch this page for updates on the project. You can follow this blog by clicking the link on the right hand side of the page to be automatically advised of updates.
Please pass this information on to any past or present University of Adelaide Creative Writing postgrad students you know who might be interested in submitting to the anthology.
- Breaking Beauty Book Launch
- Breaking Beauty – the cover
- Announcing: Breaking Beauty
- Beauty Anthology Update
- Beauty Anthology – DEADLINE EXTENDED! Plus more news…
- Beauty, Awe and Jason Silva
- When You Are Old
- Frida Kahlo on strangeness and beauty
- Beauty and the bullfight
- Beauty as defined by…
- Kafka on beauty
- Some thoughts on beauty
- Exciting news – ‘Beauty’ anthology