Gooluwatu is a four-bedroom holiday house in Goolwa Beach, South Australia. It is a 7-minute walk to the beach and 2-minute drive to the local shopping centre.
The name is a combination of Goolwa (which means ‘elbow’ in the local Ngarrindjeri language) and Uluwatu in Bali (a place known for its surf and temples).
Its owners, Lynette Washington and Mark Maxted, offer the house to a writer or group of writers at significantly reduced rates for two one-week retreats a year.
The first retreat will be offered in 2019.
The retreat is to be taken during June or August 2019 and will last 1 week. Dates can be negotiated, however the long weekend will not be available and the retreat will be dependent on availability.
The house can sleep up to 9 people. Bedding configuration:
- 1 king sized bed
- 1 double bed
- 4 single beds
- 1 trundle bed.
You can learn more about the house by checking out the Airbnb listing here.
The writer is responsible for all travel expenses, and all personal expenses including food. The retreat offers accommodation only.
The writer/s is responsible for paying:
- $100 cleaning fee
- $30 per night for 1-2 people, $60 per night for 3-4 people, $80 per night for 6-9 people.
- If 1-2 writers stay in the house for 7 nights, the total cost would be $310.
- If 3-4 writers stay in the house for 7 nights, the total cost would be $520.
- If 6-9 writers stay in the house for 7 nights, the total cost would be $660
The unsubsidised price for this stay would be between $1150 – $1675.
If you have any questions, please email Lynette at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also take bookings at standard rates on Airbnb.
Applications for 2019 retreats are due by 31 December 2018.
To apply please:
- complete this form <Gooluwatu Writing Retreat> and
- submit by the due date (submission details in the form).